2 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (coconut oil would work too)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dried cherries or other dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Mix the oats, coconut chips, chopped nuts and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Over medium heat, mix the sugar, olive oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Pour the hot syrup mixture over the oat mixture and mix together until all dry ingredients are completely coated. You may want to use your hands to combine.
4. Spread the granola out evenly over a large, ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Toss and flip granola with a spatula. Return to oven and continue checking and flipping granola every five minutes until golden brown. Do not undercook, this granola is best nice and toasty.
6. Let cool and mix in dried cherries. Store at room temperature in airtight container.