2 cups organic raw sugar
1 organic lemon
1 - 2 sprigs of rosemary
3 - 4 tablespoons coconut oil (olive or jojoba oil work great too)
10 - 15 drops lemon essential oil
1. Add sugar to medium bowl and squeeze in the juice of one lemon.
2. Coarsely chop the rosemary leaves and add as much or as little as you'd like.
3. Melt coconut oil and add a little at a time until you reach your desired constancy. I like my scrubs to be a little grittier so I used about 3 tablespoons. Mix in chopped rosemary leaves and essential oil.*
4. Store in mason jars or other airtight container for up to one month.
* Tips: Add a few drops of essential oil at a time to make sure you don't create an aroma that's overpowering. There is no right way to do this, just keep adding ingredients until it feels finished. I like to use this in the shower so that there is no cleanup and the sugar goes right down the drain. My skin has been so so soft. I used 1/2 pint jam jars (recipe makes 5) and delivered to some of my girl friends as an early Galentines day treat. (Yep. Galentines. I went there.)