A fast and furious post for you today lovelies!
This little elixir comes to us from one of my very favorite souls - the lovely Kendra Potter of MT+NYC Collaborative. Kendra whips up a batch of this fragrant oil for the bearded men in her life every holiday season. My husband has gotten so addicted to the stuff that come November he starts to drop her a series not-so-subtle hints that his supply is running low. It smells warm and earthy and woodsy and romantic all at once. A subtle fragrance for the man who loves the mountains.
And if you are a procrastinator like myself, you're in luck! This little gem only takes 5 minutes to mix up. Package it up in a vintage tin with a beard brush and comb and you have a unique and personal handmade gift he will actually use.
Happy love day, dear ones!
***Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, nurse, or licensed healthcare practitioner. Some herbs, botanicals, and essential oils are not safe for pregnant or nursing mothers or children and may not be suitable to take with certain medications or conditions. This information is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult your doctor before beginning any kind of new vitamin, herbal, diet, or exercise regime. Make sure to research all of the ingredients to make sure they are safe for you and your family.
Recipe by Kendra Potter. I used organic oils wherever possible. If you are looking for high quality essential oils, I highly recommend our friends at White Stone Essentials.
- 2 oz organic Jojoba Oil
- 7 - 9 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 7 - 9 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 7 - 9 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 - 5 drops Sandlewood essential oil
- 4 - 5 drops Cypress essential oil
- 4 - 5 drops Rose essential oil
1. Add jojoba oil to a small vial. I found that the metal tip of a pastry bag makes a perfect little funnel.
2. Add all oils, feeling free to modify amounts to preference.
3. Close vial and shake well. Use a few drops in beard after bathing.